tel. +48 12 430 64 49, 430 64 52
fax +48 12 430 64 97
Fr. Stanisław Musiał SJ - In Memoriam
- On the tenth anniversary of his passing away.
Sunday, March 9, 12:00 noon
THE 71st ANNIVERSARY
OF THE KRAKOW GHETTO LIQUIDATION
R E M E M B R A N C E M A R C H
As in the previous years, we will meet at the Plac Bohaterów Getta in Krakow's Podgórze to commemorate the murdered Krakow's Jews. From there, we will go to the former KL Płaszów - along the way that was once a road to death for many Krakow Jews.
Monday, March 10, 6:00 p.m.
OF MARCH '68 EVENTS IN POLAND
- Presentation of documentary films about March '68 events in Poland.
Friday, March 14, 6:00 p.m.
Unexplained Heritage. The traces of German Jews in Silesia
- Opening of an exhibition jointly organized with The Social-Cultural Society of Jews in Poland (Warsaw Branch).
Monday, March 17, 6:00 p.m.
Jewish Second Hand Book Sellers in Krakow
- Lecture by Dr. Grzegorz Nieć, (Pedagogical University in Krakow).
Tuesday, March 18, 6:00 p.m.
- Screening of films about Jews in Krakow.
Thursday, March 20, 6:00 p.m.
The Round Table Negotiations, 25 Years After
- Lecture by Władysław Frasyniuk, participant of that event.
Monday, March 24, 6:00 p.m.
We will Ride the Mare of History 'til she Drops: Confessions of a Battered Rider
- Meeting with Prof. Karol Modzelewski and a promotion of his book under the same title, published by the Iskry Publishers in 2013.
Thursday, March 27, 6:00 p.m.
Jewish Emigration from Poland to Israel in the Years 1956-1959
- Lecture by Dr. Ewa Węgrzyn (Jewish Studies Institute of the Jagiellonian University).
Monday, March 31, 6:00 p.m.
"Pod Baranami" - Those Happy Days
- Meeting with Leszek Długosz, a Krakow poet, with the promotion of his book under the same title.
The 9th Felix Mendelssohn
will take place on
May, 9-17, 2014
* Free admission
EXHIBITIONS AT THE CENTER FOR JEWISH CULTURE
Judaica on Polish Stamps
- Exhibition of Professor Aleksander Garlicki's Collection.
Open till March 20, 2014.
Unexplained Heritage. Traces of German Jews in Silesia,
an exhibition organized jointly with The Social-Cultural Society of Jews in Warsaw.
Open till April 20, 2014.