tel. +48 12 430 64 49, 430 64 52
fax +48 12 430 64 97
ON THE OCCASION OF THE JEWISH NEW YEAR
WE WISH OUR FRIENDS, DONATORS AND VISITORS
SHANA TOVA, 5776
ENCOUNTERS WITH JEWISH CULTURE
70 Years Since the End of World War II
70 Years After the Holocaust
70 Years Since the Liberation of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp
PROLOGUE TO THE BAYIT HADASH PROGRAM
Henryk Halkowski (1951-2009), There is no Krakow without Henryk Halkowski
- Marta Goł±b's Exhibition (till 7 October)
Sunday, 20 September, 6:00 p.m.*
NEW YEAR'S CONCERT - ROSH HASHANAH, 5776
Piano Recital by Tamás Erdi (Hungary), playing Schubert, Schumann, and Chopin among others.
Concert under the auspices of the General Consulate of the Republic of Hungary in Krakow.
Monday, 21 September, 6:00 p.m.
Non Omnis Moriar - Fr. Stanisław Musiał, SJ
- Exhibition of the film directed by Dr. Leszek Allerhand (2015), followed by a meeting with the Director.
This event is organized jointly with the Association of "Children of the Holocaust" in Krakow.
Thursday, 24 September, 6:00 p.m.*
Piano Recital by Szymon Nehring (Poland), playing Chopin.
The Concert is dedicated to the memory of Miriam Akavia, Prof. Władysław Bartoszewski, Prof. Feliks Tych, and Prof. Kurt Weber.
Wednesday, 30 September, 6:00 p.m.
The Gleiwitz Provocation and its Historical Context
- Lecture by Dr. Grzegorz Bebnik (Institute of National Remembrance in Katowice), with the presentation of a documentary: Attention. Gleiwitz Calling, directed by Teresa Kudyba (in Polish, with German subtitles). A history of the attack on the Gleiwitz Radio of 31 August 1939.
Thursday, 1 October, 6:00 p.m.
A Pogrom in Krakow on 11 August 1945
- Lecture by Dr. Edyta Gawron (Jagiellonian University).
Monday, 5 October, 6:00 p.m.
In Memory of Miriam Akavia (1927-2015) and Nathan Gross (1919-2005), Cracovians who Lived in Israel
- With the participation of Andrzej Kozioł, Barbara Ordyk, and Zbigniew Pakuła.
Wednesday, 7 October, 6:00 p.m.
Dybuk: The Tale of the Wandering Souls
- Documentary about the Hasidim in Uman, Ukraine, and the clash of cultures, directed by Krzysztof Kopczyński, Eureca Media (2015), 85 mins.
(in Russian and Ukrainian, with English subtitles).
Meeting with the producers after the show.
Thursday, 8 October, 6:00 p.m.
Outside the Event Horizon: Auschwitz
- Meeting with Dr. Andrzej Nowakowski, with the promotion of his album under the same title.
Moderated by Prof. Tadeusz Lubelski.
Friday, 9 October, 6:00 p.m.
Graphic Art by Prof. Włodzimierz Kotkowski (1942-2011)
- Opening of the Exhibition.
Monday, 12 October, 6:00 p.m.
A Centenary of Einstein's General Theory of Relativity
- Lecture by Prof. Krzysztof Meissner (University of Warsaw).
Wednesday, 14 October, 6:00 p.m.
Icyk Manger (1901-1969) and his Book of Paradise
- Lecture by Dr. Karolina Szymoniak (University of Warsaw).
Thursday, 15 October, 6:00 p.m.
A History of the Weak. Reporting and Living in the Interwar Period
- Meeting with Prof. Urszula Glensk (Wrocław University), with the promotion of the book under the same title, issued by the Universitas Publishers (2014).
Saturday, 17 October, 11.00 a.m.
organized by the Rara Avis Antiquity Bookstore
Monday, 19 October, 6:00 p.m.
Prof. Feliks Tych - In Memoriam
- Meeting with Prof. Andrzej Romanowski and Dr. Jürgen Hensel.
Wednesday, 21 October, 6:00 p.m.
Prof. Kurt Weber - In Memoriam
- Meeting with Dorota Puławska (representing the Film Polski) and Janusz Majewski (a well-known director who co-authored many films, jointly with Kurt Weber), dedicated to an outstanding representative of the Polish Film School and the founder of the Department of Film in the University of Meinz.
They will present the cinematographic and educational achievements of Kurt Weber, with the exhibition of the documentary entitled Kurt Weber, Light and Shade and the feature film entitled Office.
The meeting will be moderated by Prof. Tadeusz Lubelski (Jagiellonian University).
Thursday, 22 October, 6:00 p.m.
The Polish Roots of Israel
- Meeting with Prof. Łukasz Sroka (Pedagogical University of Krakow) and Mateusz Sroka, with a presentation of selected sources.
Tuesday, 27 October, 6:00 p.m.
A History of the Piotrków Trybunalski Ghetto
- Meeting with Anna Rzędowska.
Wednesday, 28 October, 6:00 p.m.
Between Memory and Imagination: On the Poetry of Rose Ausländer
- Lecture by Prof. Maria Kłańska (Jagiellonian University), with the promotion of her book under the same title.
Thursday, 29 October, 6.00 p.m.
I will Go to Spit on your Graves
- Meeting with Jerzy Surdykowski, with the promotion of his book under the same title, published by the Oficyna Wydawnicza Volumen (2015).
Moderator: Jan Pieszczachowicz.
Tuesday, 3 November, 6.00 p.m.
183 Days of the Auschwitz Trial in Frankfurt, 1963-1965 (183 Tage, Der Auschwitz-Prozess, 1963-1965 in Frankfurt)
- Documentary. Script and direction by Janusch Kozminski, Verein für Jüdische Medien, CCC-Filmkunst GmbH (2014), 173 mins.
(in German with English subtitles, with simultaneous interpreting into Polish).
Wednesday, 4 November, 6:00 p.m.
The Links between Anti-Semitism and National Catholicism
- Lecture by Prof. Ireneusz Krzemiński (University of Warsaw).
Thursday, 5 November, 6:00 p.m.
Rafał Lemkin (1900-1959) and his Work
- Lecture by Prof. Adam D. Rotfeld.
Friday, 6. November, 6:00 p.m.
Watchers of the Sky
- A documentary, about Rafał Lemkin, directed by Edet Belzberg (2014), 120 mins.
(in English with simultaneous interpreting into Polish).
Monday, 9 November, 6:00 p.m.
Tadeusz Mazowiecki, A Politician of Hope
- Meeting with Andrzej Brzeziecki, with the promotion of his book under the same title.
Friday, 13 November, 6:00 p.m.
- Opening of the photographic exhibition by Włodzimierz Planeta.
Monday, 16 November, 6:00 p.m.
Charitable and Welfare Activities of the Jewish Religious Community in Lvov in the Second Republic
- Lecture by Prof. Wacław Wierzbieniec (University of Rzeszów).
Wednesday, 18 November, 6.00 p.m.
The Galician Route of the Hasidim
- Lecture by Dr. Adam Bartosz.
Thursday, 19 November, 6:00 p.m.
Marshal Józef Piłsudski (1867-1935) Eighty Years After
- Lecture by Prof. Jacek Chrobaczyński (Pedagogical University of Krakow).
Sunday, 22 November, 6.00 p.m.*
THE 22nd ANNIVERSARY OF THE OPENING OF THE CENTER FOR JEWISH CULTURE
A Concert by the KROKE Ensemble,
featuring Tomasz Kukurba (viola, violin),
Jerzy Bawoł (accordion),
and Tomasz Lato (double bass).
Monday, 23 November, 6:00 p.m.
CITIZENS TALKING ABOUT ECONOMY
Loan and Debt. References to Past and Present
- Lecture by Prof. Krzysztof Zamorski (Jagiellonian University).
Tuesday, 24 November, 6.00 p.m.
The Children of Teheran
- Documentary directed by Dalia Guttman, David Tour, Yehuda Kaveh, Israel (2007), 59 Min.
(in Hebrew with Polish subtitles).
Wednesday, 25 November, 6:00 p.m.
The Diary of Dawid Sierakowiak, Saved in the ŁódĽ Ghetto
- Lecture by Marian Turski (Polityka).
Thursday, 26 November, 6:00 p.m.
Great Trepidation, Poland 1944-1947
- Lecture by Prof. Marcin Zaremba (University of Warsaw, Polish Academy of Sciences), with a presentation of his book under the same title.
* by tickets